Subject: PAR on Samba Network
From: [email-masked] (Mark J. Peterson)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 19:37:40 -0700

It took awhile, but Ami and Bill are doing the Samba! Translation: My Amiga
drives are successfully networked to NT 3.51 via Samba. I'm exporting DDR:,
but when I tell Lightwave to save RGB's (IFF24) to the networked PAR, the
PAR gives the error "Unsupported file format" and NT gives the error
"Networked drive has create but no modify privilege". Has anyone gotten this
to work? If I save frames to HD1:, etc. Lightwave saves them just fine; and
I've set all of the Samba configurations identically. I'm using PAR 2.30
(all of the 2.50 bug reports on this list have me waiting for the next
version) but I have no reason to believe that would influence network behavior.

Also, I've not been successful in getting Samba to work with either of our
Win85 (oops) machines. Whenever a disk access is initiated, Samba quits. Has
anyone gotten this to work?

Thanks to each of you for being part of the best list on the Internet!

Mark Peterson

--
[email-masked] (Mark J. Peterson) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]